How to Order Course Materials
Order Process Resources:
Watch this video: How to Order your Textbooks
1 - Create an Account
In order to place an order online you will need to create an account with the College Store. If you already have an account you will need to log in before you checkout.
- Click LOG IN in the top right hand corner.
- Click REGISTER HERE, then STUDENTS
- Complete all required fields. (Please include a valid email address. This is how the Textbook Center communicates with you regarding order status)
2 - Class Schedule
Go to the TEXTBOOKS tab and click ORDER TEXTBOOKS. In order to view your materials, enter your class schedule.
- Select the term
- Select your class department code (ex. BIOL)
- Select your course number & section number (ex. 1117 03)
- Repeat for all your classes, then click VIEW MATERIALS
3 - Add your Materials & Supplies
Here you will add the books to your cart then select the preferred condition of the books.
- Add the books to your cart and click CONTINUE CHECKOUT
- If your instructor makes changes to the course materials, select your preference:
4 - Student Charging & Shipping Method
On the checkout page you are able to check which items in your cart can be charged to your student account. Just click on the blue link.
- Select SHIPPING METHOD
- Verify your billing address
- Click on your shipping method
- Free shipping goes until the Friday before classes starts!
5 - Payment Method
You can pay with a credit card or your student account (if charging is open). If you are using specialty funding (PSEO or 3rd Party), please note it in the comments.
- To pay with a credit card, enter in all the required fields
- To add the purchase to your student account, select "Student Charging/FA/PSEO etc." in the drop down box and enter your student ID# (Tech ID)
- Click SUBMIT PAYMENT
6 - Email Notifications
You will receive an email confirmation after your order has been submitted. You will receive emails from email@example.com updating you on the status of your order.
There are many choices to consider when selecting textbooks for your course(s). The information below can help you understand how the Minneapolis College Store fulfills orders and categorizes textbooks chosen for courses by instructors. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prices and availability of textbooks are subject to change at any time and could affect the total billed to your account.
- Textbooks listed with $0.00 for the price are not free. This simply means we do not have pricing information for the textbook at the time of your order.
- Every effort is made to fill orders as requested, but we reserve the right to make substitutions if your books are not available in the requested condition. This means if you select "used" and a used book is not available, a new book will automatically be substituted, and vice versa. The dollar amount of your order WILL change if substitutions are made. All prices are subject to change without notice.
Definition of Terms Used on Our Website
Required -- The textbook is required for your class.
Either/Or -- The textbook required for the course is available in two formats -- usually a print textbook+access code bundled together and an access code only. You have the option to choose the format that best suits your needs. You only need to order one, not both. If you are unsure about which option to choose, contact your instructor for assistance.
Recommended -- The textbook is not required but is recommended for the course. You may wish to attend class first or consult the instructor directly to determine if the textbook would be beneficial to you. Cannot be supplied on PSEO/D3 orders.
Optional -- The textbook is not required but is an additional resource. You may wish to attend class first or consult your instructor directly to determine if the textbook would be beneficial to you. Cannot be supplied on PSEO/D3 orders.
Attend Class Before Purchase -- You must attend class first before placing your order. The instructor for this class will give you further instructions regarding which textbook to purchase. Do not purchase book before attending class.
Reusing from Prev Cl -- The textbook was used in a previous class. Purchase will not be necessary if you took the previous class and still have your textbook.
Order Update Actions
During the checkout process, you will be asked how you would like the orders for each of your courses filled if the instructor changes the textbook(s) and course material(s) for a class while your online order is in progress with us.
Do Not Add to Order -- No changes will be made to your order, even if the instructor changes the textbook(s)/course material(s).
Add All Materials -- All materials, including required, recommended, and optional materials, will be added to your order if your instructor makes any changes to the textbooks/course materials assigned to a course.
Add Only Required -- We will only add to or change your order if the instructor makes changes for the required materials.