Join Our Team!
The following positions are currently available at Minneapolis College Store.
All student positions are work-study eligible with a pay-rate of $13.00 per hour.
Student Customer Service Associate (work-study)
A successful Customer Service Associate will display a customer-priority demeanor at all times through genuine interactions and the ability to offer solutions to customers that align with College Store polices.
Customer Service positions have a weekly schedule of 10-20 hours per week.
Associates will be expected to
- Project a positive image of the College Store to the Minneapolis College Community.
- Promote customer loyalty by educating customers about in-store products and events.
- Maintain a clean and visually appealing shopping experience for our customers; create creative in-store displays.
- Contribute to the achievement of store goals and collaborate with the store leadership team to develop solutions to business needs.
- Participate in social media posts and on-line marketing for the College Store to increase outreach and create connections with students.
- Assist in accurate inventory management through stocking and maintenance of expiration calendars.
- Take direction from the College Store’s leadership team.
- Enrolled in at least six credits for fall 2021 semester at Minneapolis College
- Have applied for FAFSA for the 2021-22 school year (not necessary for international students)
- Friendly, service-oriented demeanor
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Accurately count money, give change, issue receipt for funds received
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stock merchandise by squatting, bending, and extending arms reach