Please enter search criteria
Financial Aid Charging Information
Financial aid charging, or charging to your student bill, allows you to make purchases in-person or online through Minneapolis College Store (T.1800) and add the cost of your purchase to your tuition and fees account.
There are several ways to qualify to charge purchases to your student bill:
- If your financial aid grants and accepted loans cover your tuition and fees in excess
- If you have third party billing or scholarships
- If you are a veteran and registered with the Veteran's Certifying Official in the Student Services Center (T.2200)
- You may add the purchase if your textbooks to your Nelnet payment plan in eServices
Financial aid charging allows students to charge items purchased through the College Store to their student bill, up to a maximum amount of $700 (depending on the amount available after tuition and fees). Students in programs with a higher expense of required textbook and course supplies will be allowed to charge at an increased maximum
Financial aid charging is available during a specific time frame each semester. For this year's financial aid charging, please see the College Store's important dates.
If you have specific questions regarding your financial aid please contact the Financial Aid Office at 612-659-6240 or visit Student Services in T.2200.
Financial aid charging in the College Store
To charge against your financial aid in the College Store, you must present your Minneapolis College Campus Card (student ID) at the time of purchase. If you do not have a Campus Card you can get one made at the store. If you are unable to get a Campus Card you may present
Financial aid charging @ minneapoliscollegestore.com (online orders)
To charge against your financial aid through the College Store's website, select financial aid ("FA") as your payment type and enter your star ID in the account number field during check-out.
Guidelines for financial aid charging
The following is a list of items you may purchase at the College Store with financial aid:
- Textbooks/course materials and study aids
- Kits, uniforms, supplies, equipment and tools related to the classes you are currently enrolled in (i.e. painting kits, chemistry goggles, scrubs, etc.)
- General school supplies
- Metro Transit College Pass (limit one per student/semester)
Replacement Campus Card ($20)
- Lanyard and ID holder
- Water bottles & thermoses
- Minneapolis College clothing and accessories
Calculators, headphones, and other electronics
The following items are NOT available for purchase with financial aid:
- Food, snacks, and beverages
- Health & beauty products
- Go-to Passes other than the College Pass