Student charging is an optional method of payment allowed by Minneapolis College Store that allows students to defer payment by adding purchases to their student bill. Students can charge purchases to their student bill on specific dates prior to each semester. For this semester's charging dates, please see the College Store's important dates.
- Financial aid is not required for student charging of textbooks and supplies.
- Financial aid is required for student charging of apparel, electronics, and gift items.
- Only registered Minneapolis College Students may charge to their student bill.
- The student’s 8-number Student ID (example 1543879) is needed at checkout for student charging.
- All charges at the College Store and minneapoliscollegestore.com are reflected on the student’s bill in eServices.
- If excess financial aid is available, your charges will be deducted.
- If financial aid is not available, it’s the student’s responsibility to check their account and make payment arrangements.
- College Store charges are subject to Minneapolis College dates and deadlines for payment.
- Students with scholarships, third-party billing, and Veterans registered with the College's Veteran's Certifying Official may charge select items to their student bill for third-party payment.
Student Charging at the College Store
To charge to your student bill in the College Store, you must present your Minneapolis College Campus Card (student ID) at the time of purchase. If you do not have a Campus Card you can get one made at the store.
Student Charging at minneapoliscollegestore.com (online orders)
To charge to your student bill through the College Store's website, select "Student Bill" as your payment type and enter your Student ID # (example 1543789) in the account number field during check-out.
Students without financial aid can purchase up to $300 in textbooks, course materials, and school supplies by selecting “Student Bill” at checkout. Students without financial aid available will be responsible to pay for their purchases via their student bill.
The Student Charge will not be available to PSEO or D3 students, or students with a hold on their account.
Financial aid charging allows students to charge items purchased through the College Store to their student bill, up to a maximum amount of $700 (depending on the amount available after tuition and fees). Charges made against financial aid will be deducted prior to disbursement, and any charges not covered by a student's financial aid will be the student's responsibility to pay.
If you have questions regarding your financial aid please contact Student Services.
Guidelines for financial aid charging
The following is a list of items you may charge to your student bill at the College Store (restrictions apply for scholarships and third-party funding):
- Textbooks/course materials and study aids
- Kits, uniforms, supplies, equipment and tools related to the classes you are currently enrolled in (i.e. painting kits, chemistry goggles, scrubs, etc.)
- General school supplies
- Metro Transit College Pass (limit one per student/semester)
- Replacement Campus Card ($20)
- Lanyard and ID holder
- Water bottles & thermoses
- Minneapolis College clothing and accessories
- Calculators, headphones, and other electronics
The following items are NOT available for purchase with financial aid:
- Food, snacks, and beverages
- Personal care products
- Metro Transit Go-to Passes other than the College Pass