Charging to Your Student Bill
Charging to your student bill allows you to make purchases in-person or online through Minneapolis College Store (T.1800) and add the cost of your purchase to your tuition and fees account.
There are several ways to qualify to charge purchases to your student bill. Select the links below for more information on each.
- A $300 Student Charge is available to most Minneapolis College students.
- Additional financial aid charging is available to students whose grants and accepted loans cover their tuition and fees in excess.
- Students with scholarships, third-party billing, and Veterans registered with the College's Veteran's Certifying Official may charge select items to their student bill for third-party payment.
How to charge to your student bill at the College Store
To charge to your student bill in the College Store, you must present your Minneapolis College Campus Card (student ID) at the time of purchase. If you do not have a Campus Card you can get one made at the store.
How to charge to your student bill at minneapoliscollegestore.com (online orders)
To charge to your student bill through the College Store's website, select "Student Chg/FA/PSEO/3rd Party" as your payment type and enter your Student ID # (TechID) in the account number field during check-out. For more information on charging textbooks to your student bill, follow our how-to-order steps or watch this video.
New for spring term 2021, the College Store will be offering a $300 student charge account allowing students an option to purchase their textbooks, course materials, and other school supplies without delay. Students who charge their College Store purchases to their account and have financial aid available, will see their purchases paid by their existing financial aid prior to disbursement. Students without financial aid available will be responsible to pay for their purchases via their student bill.
The Student Charge will not available to PSEO or D3 students, or students with a hold on their account.
Financial aid charging allows students to charge items purchased through the College Store to their student bill, up to a maximum amount of $700 (depending on the amount available after tuition and fees).Charges made against financial aid will be deducted prior to disbursement, and any charges not covered by a student's financial aid will be the student's responsibility to pay.
If you have questions regarding your financial aid please contact Student Services.
Guidelines for financial aid charging
The following is a list of items you may charge to your student bill at the College Store (restrictions apply for scholarships and third-party funding):
- Textbooks/course materials and study aids
- Kits, uniforms, supplies, equipment and tools related to the classes you are currently enrolled in (i.e. painting kits, chemistry goggles, scrubs, etc.)
- General school supplies
- Metro Transit College Pass (limit one per student/semester)
- Replacement Campus Card ($20)
- Lanyard and ID holder
- Water bottles & thermoses
- Minneapolis College clothing and accessories
- Calculators, headphones, and other electronics
The following items are NOT available for purchase with financial aid:
- Food, snacks, and beverages
- Personal care products
- Metro Transit Go-to Passes other than the College Pass